Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blake and Emerson Turn 1!!!!!!

We had a big party planned for Saturday to celebrate Blake and Emerson's first year. I had so much fun planning! My sister and her family came into town and we were ready for a fun-filled weekend. I was anxious to get out of school on Friday to head home and start the celebration early. Jeremy gave me a call at work Friday afternoon to tell me that he was taking Emerson into the doctor because she had been vomiting. The doctor told Jeremy that their is a very yucky, extremely contagious virus going around. It lasts for about 48 hours. G-R-E-A-T timing....ugh! A few hours later Blake vomited and we made the very sad decision that we needed to cancel their 1st birthday party. Jeremy and I called our 40 friends and family that were going to be coming the next day to tell them that the babies were both sick. I called and canceled the balloons and the food:( I caught the virus a few hours later and Jeremy got it the next day...icky, icky, icky!!! Luckily we were all feeling better by their actual birthday. We did still have a nice weekend with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and our niece, Madeline. Luckily they had already gotten the virus a few weeks earlier. We still cut the cake and the babies had a fun day. We are going for round 2 on the party next weekend for those who can make it!
Our cake...for 30!

The babies having their birthday dinner with Madeline.

Emmie's not so sure.

Blake checkin' it out.


Madeline showed them how it's done. Her birthday was 6 weeks ago!



YUM, YUM, YUM!!!!!!!

No comments: