Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Story of our Nights

Reading some books before bed

"passed out"

Emmie-Belle tucked back into her own bed

Such a big boy in his big boy bed!

SO- about 2 months ago Blake climbed out of his crib 3 times in one night. At the time I started doing some research on what to do next. Should we use a crib tent or convert his bed??? I didn't like the idea of either one, so we decided to give it some time. Well, he never did it again after that....until last week. Last week I suppose he remembered that he was able to climb out because he did it over and over and over again. One night it went on for an hour and a half! He thought it was hysterical. I, however, did not find it hysterical- especially when he showed up in our room at 5:30 in the morning. Jeremy and I decided that we should convert his crib into a toddler bed and change the lock to the outside to keep him in there. The first night we all read stories in Blake's bed. Then I explained to Blake that he was now in a big boy bed and he had to stay in his bed like a big boy, put him into bed, locked the door, and hoped for the best. I thought, "well at least Emerson isn't climbing out too!" Then, about 2 minutes later I heard them BOTH running around the room laughing. Yes- Emerson chose the first night her brother was in a big boy bed to be the same night that she would try climbing out. We decided to just let them be until they fell asleep. We heard them giggling and moving around the room. I would have loved to have a camera in there to watch them:) It went on for 45 minutes until we heard silence. Then, we went in the room not sure what we were going to find. I was shocked to see that they hadn't turned the room upside down. In fact, there was no mess at all. The babies were the cutest things EVER. They had both fallen asleep on Blake's bed. Emerson was sprawled out and Blake was hanging over the end. Adorable! So, of course I took several pictures and then tucked them both in. Blake slept through the night without getting up...good boy! Night number 2- Emerson did not climb out. Blake fell asleep after 30 minutes. Night number 3 (last night)- Blake fell asleep after only 15 minutes. I'm hoping this is a pattern and Blake will fall asleep right away tonight!

1 comment:

Kyle and Alison said...

GREAT pictures!

LOL about them running around the room giggling together :) They are adorable as ever and I can't believe they will TWO next month!!!

Miss you!