Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We love you Daisy!!!!!!!!!!









Memorial weekend was one of the most wonderful and heartbreaking weekends of our lives. Let's start with the wonderful part. We took my parents and the babies to our cabin in Payson for the first time. Jeremy has been going to the cabin since he was born, so it was special to him to bring the twins there. We hope to spend many weekends of their lives there enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery doing some of our favorite activities like hiking and fishing and spending time with friends and family. Jeremy and I have spent many weekends there together with our dogs and it is definitely their favorite place too!

The heartbreaking part of our weekend story....Daisy took off on Sunday morning and never came back. We talked to every person, neighbor, camper and ATVer around and no one had seen her. I have never done anything more difficult than leaving a vacation spot without our beloved dog. She hasn't been herself for the past few months. She has been sleeping a lot, hardly playing, having accidents, and has even had some seizures. She seems disoriented and confused at times also. We can't imagine that she would just run off and get lost because she has been going to the cabin since she was born and knows her way around. We think (hope) that she may have taken off to find her final resting place in her favorite place on Earth. She was with us through some of the most joyful and memorable times of our lives. She partied with me and my friends in college. She was right next to us when Jeremy proposed to me. She sat next to me in the bathroom every time I had morning sickness and she was laying on me the moment I went into labor. She greeted us at the door every time we walked in. She was very special to us and will always have a part of our hearts. We will always remember her as our best and most loyal friend!

No comments: