Monday, June 30, 2008

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!

This is how I found out....I took a pregnancy test on June 24 right when I woke up. It was a very long 2 minutes with my dogs staring at me. "Oh my gosh!"- there is a plus, or is it? The line was so faint. But yes, I decided, it is definitely a plus. We are going to have a baby!!!! I went to lunch with my Aunt Barbi and chatted with her about how exciting it is that my brother is having a baby in November and my sister is due in January. Two babies in 3 months. I was thinking- just wait until everyone knows there will be 3 babies! I took another pregnancy test when I got home just to be sure...still a plus! Then it was time to make the first big decision- how to tell Jeremy. I had all kinds of ideas; a special dinner, a gift, balloons, a nice card, a beer, maybe even a scavenger hunt. But, right when I saw Jeremy I blurted out, grinning from ear to ear, "I took a pregnancy test and it was positive!" I saw about 30 different reactions in 30 seconds. "Oh my gosh, really?, are you sure?, wow, WOW!, I need a new car, this is great!" By this time I was crying. It was all so unbelievable. We are going to be parents!

No comments: